Landfill (North Bannister)
The Perthwaste landfill is located within our North Bannister Resource Recovery Facility, approximately 100km south-east of Perth, Western Australia.
The landfill receives general household and commercial waste, transferred from our Waste Transfer Station in Bibra Lake.
Our landfill is secure, sophisticated and well-engineered to provide the best environmental outcome for waste that cannot be recycled. The modern landfill encompasses heavy-duty liner systems, leachate collection, ground and surface water management, landfill gas capture and litter control.
The first ‘cell’ opened in March 2015 and future cells will be constructed as required.
- Operations cover 19ha of the 1,000ha site.
- Approved Main Roads WA intersection on Albany Highway.
- Buffer zone exceeds requirements by more than 10 times.
- Bounded by bush on 3 sides and a tree farm on the 4th.
- After significant investigation, the site was selected due to its remote nature and the large distance to other land-uses and residential properties.
- The site is licensed as a Class II and Class III landfill by the Department of Environmental Regulation (WA). This allows us to accept inert and putrescible waste from households and businesses.
Need your waste collected? Check out our range of bin hire and collection options.