Shire of Kalamunda
Perthwaste Green Recycling provides the following services to the Shire of Kalamunda:
- Collection of kerbside waste bins
- Collection of kerbside recycling bins
- Provision and collection of waste skip bins
- Provision and collection of green waste skip bins
- Recyclables processing
- Supply & delivery of waste & recycling bins
Skip bin bookings (Perthwaste Green Recycling)
Phone: (08) 9418 7594
Monday to Friday 7.30am-4.30pm
Missed kerbside bin collections (Perthwaste Green Recycling)
Phone: (08) 9418 5264
Recycling enquiries (Perthwaste Green Recycling)
Phone: (08) 9418 5264
All other enquiries (Shire of Kalamunda)
Phone: (08) 9257 9835
Collection (kerbside bins)
Bin Collection day
To find out your bin collection day, click here.
Recycling is taken to the Perthwaste Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) in Bibra Lake.
Booking skip bins
To find out your property’s skip bin entitlement, click here
- Skip bins will be placed on the property verge within the premise area, but not more than 2 metres from the nearest extremity of the carriageway opposite these premises.
- If a property occupies a corner block, the resident must notify the Customer Service Officer at the time of booking a skip bin and request the preferred verge for delivery.
- Skip bins will be delivered within 10 working days from the time of booking.
- Skip bins are delivered between Monday & Wednesday.
- Skip bins will generally remain onsite for 2 days as follows:
- Deliver Monday & remove Wednesday
- Deliver Tuesday & remove Thursday
- Deliver Wednesday & remove Friday
- Skip bins will be delivered within 20 working days from the time of booking.
- Skip bins are delivered on a Thursday or Friday.
- Skip bins will generally remain onsite for 4 days as follows:
- Deliver Thursday & remove Monday
- Deliver Friday & remove Tuesday
- Please be mindful that weekend services are very popular.
What happens to your recycling?
After your recycling bin is emptied, collection trucks bring recyclables to the Perthwaste Materials Recovery Facility. The recyclables are unloaded into an area called the “tipping floor”.
From the tipping floor, recyclables are placed onto a conveyor belt to commence processing. Recyclables are then sorted by MRF machinery or by hand into “material streams” of:
- Aluminium cans
Once separated, the different streams are baled (except glass) and sent for remanufacturing into new products.